Advantages of outsourcing your web development
- If your home computer is relatively small, then the design of your website could suffer from a lack of experience.
- Outsourcing can help keep your website design independent of other processes within your business.
- Outsourcing could give access to expertise that might be too expensive for you to keep in the house. For example, sending a member of the web team at home in a training course £ 5000 for the one web project may not be profitable for your business. In this case it is possible to seek an outside specialist.
The disadvantages of outsourcing your web development
- Depending on the scope of your web project, you may be able to do a good job at home.
- Hiring outside experts can be expensive depending on the nature of the project.
- Transparency and accountability can be a problem. Trust must be developed. The control may be reduced when hiring an external web design agency.
- The costs of establishing a communication.
- Reliability external web development agency.
The benefits of keeping web development in-house
- Greater control over your project.
- Perceived ease illicitation requirements. We would argue that a computer at home would be faster and more successful in meeting project requirements of a new external web design agency.
The disadvantages of keeping house web development
- The costs of training and maintenance skills updated.
- The employee retention.
Although this is not a cut and dry subject, and there are several factors involved, such as project scope, resources, lack of time and problems with the staff, the above should provide a brief summary of the pros and cons of have an in-house or outsourced web design team.